This breakfast or pot-luck dish goes by many names. I have heard them called Mormon (or funeral) potatoes. But we call them Kathryn Barbeaux’s potatoes since this is her recipe. She has long since passed, but her dish remains a favorite for holiday breakfasts.
- 2 lbs. hashbrowns (frozen – place in baking dish for ½ hour to thaw)
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 Tbsp. Chicken Base (optional)
- ½ Can mild chilies (optional)
- ½ Can hot jalapenos (optional)
- 1-cup sour cream
- Grated cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
Add the ingredients to a 9 x 13 baking dish and mix well. Bake at 350 for one hour.