We’ve given you a recipe for late-summer zucchini and end-of-year (green) tomatoes. Now, as summer comes to a close – a recipe that utilizes the summer’s sweetest watermelon.
- 4 – 5 Cups Watermelon (seedless)
- 1 Cup Cucumber (seeded and peeled)
- 1/2 Sweet Onion (chopped)
- 1 Clove Garlic (diced)
- 2 Tbs Vinegar (red wine or apple cider)
- 1/2 Habanero (seeded – or 1 jalapeno) optional
- Salt (to taste)
Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Adjust salt and vinegar if needed. Cover and place in refrigerator until chilled. Serves 4.